Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I just made this today and the family gave it a thumbs up so I am putting it here for next time. The meat came out fork tender and it was a real put it together and forget about it meal. I served it over noodles with some fresh crusty bread. I might add some potatoes next time as the J-Man likes them in his stew.
- If using chuck roast cut into cubes trimming excessive fat as needed.
- Veggies should be sliced, chunked, or cubed to your personal preference.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with PAM.
- Place beef in layer in pan then layer celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, and onions.
- Mix together soups and wine and pour over meat and veggies.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Cover with foil and place in 250 oven for about 4 or 5 hours.
- About a half hour before dinner check and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Sprinkle tapioca over and stir in mixing all the layers together.
- Cover and place back in oven.
- When the noodles are done the stew should be thickened and ready.