5 hrs 15 mins
I just made this today and the family gave it a thumbs up so I am putting it here for next time. The meat came out fork tender and it was a real put it together and forget about it meal. I served it over noodles with some fresh crusty bread. I might add some potatoes next time as the J-Man likes them in his stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using chuck roast cut into cubes trimming excessive fat as needed.
- 2Veggies should be sliced, chunked, or cubed to your personal preference.
- 3Spray 13 x 9 pan with PAM.
- 4Place beef in layer in pan then layer celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, and onions.
- 5Mix together soups and wine and pour over meat and veggies.
- 6Sprinkle with pepper.
- 7Cover with foil and place in 250 oven for about 4 or 5 hours.
- 8About a half hour before dinner check and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- 9Sprinkle tapioca over and stir in mixing all the layers together.
- 10Cover and place back in oven.
- 11When the noodles are done the stew should be thickened and ready.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deconsructed Pot Roast Aka Oven Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.0
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 160.1 mg
- Sodium 1461.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 46.4 g