Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I admit, this is kind of a weird "recipe", but it's very attractive and different -- also refreshing. If you have a nice clear pitcher, give it a try!
- 1 medium cucumber
- 12 cups water
- 3 thin orange slices
- 3 thin lemon slices
- 3 slices fresh ginger (thin slices)
- 3 flat leaf parsley or 3 fresh cilantro stems
- 6 cranberries, thawed (fresh or frozen)
- Cut two thin lengthwise slices from cucumber, reserve remaining for another use.
- Stir together cucumber slices, 12 cups water and next 5 ingredients in a pitcher, cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Pour over ice in glasses before serving.
- Individual glasses can be garnished with sprigs of parsley or cilantro.
This is a very good recipe. I made it as written, but did not have cranberries, so I substituted the same number of dried cherries instead. I think this would be fun to play with and try different combinations. Thanks Bobbie for a great recipe!
I made this and it was beautiful. Tasted better the next day, more flavor, very clean and refreshing. Thanks for the recipe!
We loved this "fancy water" so much I even served it to the kids in wine goblets. We don't have cranberries at the moment, but I'll be making this recipe again & again, giving me plenty of opportunity to get them. I'm also going to try a bit of fresh mint next time too. Thanks so much for sharing, Bobbie!