I adapted this recipe for one of my students who is Vegan. Surprisingly, they were a huge hit with everyone! Besides the amazing taste, they’re much healthier than most cookies.
- Cream applesauce, oil, sugar and 1 T water.
- Mix in remaining 2-3 T of water and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add to applesauce mixture and mix until combined.
- If applicable, add chocolate chips last.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven 400°F and grease a cookie sheet well.
- Make approximately 24 balls (or you can do drop cookies).
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes—they should be very puffy. Be careful not to over-bake as they will become quite hard when cooled.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, they will fall considerably due to the lack of egg.