Recipe by gourmetmomma
This is from Jessica Seinfeld's Cookbook. I haven't tried this version yet. I'd suggest making sure the icing is cool at serving time.
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pureed carrot
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the cooked carrots and puree in the food processor. (I make extra and use in other dishes).
- Add the cream cheese, orange juice concentrate, and salt to the food processor. Process until smooth.
- Spread on cupcakes, cookies, or cake like you would any other icing.
- Keeps at room temp for 2 days, or freeze for up to a month. This makes enough for a batch of 12 standard cupcakes.