Recipe by gourmetmomma
This is from Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook. I made this and was amazed. You can't taste the cauliflower. Honest. Serve this slightly chilled (not warm!) for optimal deception. If the icing is warm, you will smell (not taste) the vegetable. The apparently large amount of vanilla helps to mask the smell of the cauliflower.
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pureed cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cooked cauliflower into your food processor and puree it until totally smooth. Add a tiny bit of water if you need.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt into the same food processor. Process until creamy. Add sugar or milk to adjust the icing texture as needed.
- Use like any other icing. I'd suggest keeping this in the refrigerator. This makes enough icing for a batch of cupcakes. It was great on chocolate cupcakes loaded with spinach and blueberries.