Deceptively Delicious Angel Food Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin cups with cupcake papers.
- In your mixer bowl, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, and salt. Beat until the egg whites double in volume and form stiff peaks. (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Add the flour, sugar, squash, extract and zest. Use a rubber spatula and fold gently to combine with the egg whites.
- Divide the batter among the cupcake tins. Bake until the tops of the cupcakes are lightly brown and spring back to the touch, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and then frost.