Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
This recipe is perfect for the child who will NOT eat veggies. My son ate many a muffin while smuggly believing he had won the veggie wars.....
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups shredded cooked leftover vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients; stir veggies into mix.
- Put into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 20-22 minutes.
Made ours with finely grated carrot, zucchini and pumpkin. I personally thought there wasn't quite enough flavour and they could have done with some cinnamon or something, but the kids at our play-date couldn't get enough of them, and a few other mothers have begged me for the recipe. Thanks for helping us trick our kids into veggie-eating!