Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of the best parts of having moved to the south is winter gardening (drought permitting). Here's a tasty salad using some of those delicious, cold-weather veggies. It won't make you forget sun-ripened tomatoes, but it will make you happy to see the winter greens.
- 1⁄2 head escarole
- 1⁄2 head curly endive lettuce
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce or 1 head lettuce
- 4 -5 radishes
- 1 -2 small turnip
- your favorite salad dressing (I suggest the Balsamic Vinaigrette, Bacon Dressing, or Mustard Dressing from Basic Vinaigrette Dressing With 8 Variations )
- Chop or tear salad greens into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice radishes thinly.
- Peel turnips. Slice thinly, halving or quartering if necessary.
- Toss all ingredients together with about 1/4 cup dressing.