1/1 Photo of Decadently Creamy Shrimp and Scallop Scampi With Orzo
I found myself without a car today and had to come up with dinner from things in the freezer and pantry. A quick inventory was pointing me in the direction of scampi but I wanted something a bit different. This is still very garlicky and yet the creamy cheesy sauce makes it somewhat comforting and very decadent. Served it with some steamed broccoli and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups clam broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning or 2 teaspoons bahama mama seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, Fontina or 3/4 cup asiago cheese
- 1Melt butter in pan and add garlic and orzo. Add some of the Bahama Mama seasoning (I prefer it to the Old Bay). Cook about 5 minutes or until orzo turns a golden brown. Be careful not to burn it.
- 2Add clam broth and water. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes stirring occassionally to keep from clumping.
- 3Add mushrooms, shrimp, and scallops. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in heavy cream and cheese. Cover and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- 5Add salt, pepper, or more of the Bahama Mama seasoning to taste.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadently Creamy Shrimp and Scallop Scampi With Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.0
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 251.4 mg
- Sodium 1296.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning