Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I LOVE white chocolate! These are very rich and one of my favorites!
- 6 (1 1/4 ounce) bars white chocolate with almonds, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking square
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In top of double-boiler, combine 4 candy bars and butter, bring water in pan below to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook til candy melts, stirring, set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs on medium til thick and lemon-colored.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in cooled candy mixture and flavorings.
- Coarsely chop remaining candy bars, and stir into batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 8" square baking pan.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate and shortening in small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, til chocolate melts.
- Drizzle over brownies.
- Chill until chocolate hardens.
- Cut into 16 squares.