Recipe by ladypit
This was my decadent tasting gift to myself this morning (in an attempt to avoid all the baked goods that keep cropping up at work this holiday season). I modeled it on toni gifford's Ginger Peach Oatmeal #112474 which I love and eat often. But this is just enough different that I decided to post it so I'll remember. I loved it, but I love candied ginger. In fact, I may add more next time.
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, chunked up (2 pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup canned pears, chunked (in their own juice)
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the 1 cup water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- When it is boiling add the oatmeal and cook for 30 seconds to a minute. Then add the ginger and stir.
- Wait a moment and add the canned pears and stir.
- At this point the oatmeal should be done, but if you like it mushier feel free to let it cook longer.
- Transfer the oatmeal and fruit to a bowl. Sprinkle the brown sugar substitute (or real brown sugar if you are so inclined) over the top. Then drizzle the half and half over the top.
- Stir it all together and enjoy.