Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a simple way to add elegance to your breakfast table. This is what the Homestead Inn Guest House in Maine serves with their morning croissants and bagels. It is much better, of course, if you make it with homemade strawberry jam. I have made it with blackberry and raspberry jam as well. It is a little something that will make your guests think you are a kitchen genius. Serving Size is an estimate.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves or 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- 1⁄8 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Beat in preserves, 1 tablespoon at a time -.
- It may look curdled, but not to worry!
- Fold in fresh strawberries.
- Keep in refrigerator; Before serving, let it soften at room temperature without stirring.
This is absolutely delicious! Served with Strawberries & Cream Bread (#121490). Be sure to bring to room temperature. Can't wait to try it on pancakes.
Such a tasty morning treat. Easy to prepare and tastes great. I used this butter on some toasted bagels, and it was so good. Definately needs to be room temperature to soft and creamy. Thanks for sharing such a great idea.
Wonderful! Served with Strawberries & Cream Bread (#121490). Be sure to bring to room temperature per recipe - it does make a difference.