Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These gorgeous cupcakes are perfect for garden parties, afternoon tea, baby showers or an everday treat! Easy to make and beautiful too!
- Heat oven to 180c. Place 18 paper cases into bun / cupcake tray(s).
- Beat sugar and margarine until light and creamy. Whisk in the eggs and milk. Sift in the flour a little at a time.
- Break one bar of chocolate in half and put the rest to one side. Chop the 1/2 bar of choc into chunks - not too small! Gently stir in the conserve, just enough to make a marbled effect.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases dividing it equally and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes (check using toothpick test), until well risen and pale golden in colour. Leave to stand for a few minutes then cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, cover the cupcakes with the remaining chocolate. Break choc into pieces and melt gently in microwave or in a bowl over pan of simmering water. Coat each cupcake in a generous layer of chocolate and finish with a pink icing swirl or heart design.