Recipe by Leslulu
These are so delicious that even though the recipe makes 2, I have a hard time sharing because they freeze so well.
Top Review by msmallwood29
This is a great recipe. I made it last night. It was my first ever Quiche and I loved it along with my husband. He said it was the first homemade and best Quiche he has ever had. Thank you for the great recipe. Marianne
- 2 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, refridgerated, unbaked
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hot sausage
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh is best)
- 10 -12 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 14 -16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush pies shells with egg yolk and bake 10 minutes, according to package directions.
- Saute sausage and onions together until sausage is browned. Drain well.
- Combine eggs, milk, and nutmeg.
- Arrange layers. Sausage mixture, Swiss cheese then cheddar cheese in pie shells.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour egg mixture over all.
- Bake in the 350 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Sprinkle over quiches.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Remove them from oven and let them (stand/rest) for 10 minutes before slicing.