1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS... IT IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AS THERE WAS A MIX-UP BETWEEN MY FINAL COPY AND MY "INBETWEEN" SCREW UPS!!! LOL... I WILL EDIT WHEN I FINALLY CORRECT THE RECIPE!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 5/8 cup margarine (vegetarian preferred)
- 1 1/2 lbs firm tofu
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup oil (safflower or vegetable prefferably)
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare your springform pan by spraying lightly and lining the base with parchment paper.
- 2First you will need to take your flour, ground pecans, and one tablespoon of the raw sugar and mix it thoroughly.
- 3Add margarine in chunks, and mix through with your fingers until it forms a dough-like mixture.
- 4Press this"dough" into the base of the springform pan, covering it evenly to the edges.
- 5Remove tofu from packaging and cut it up into chunks.
- 6Place chunks in processor with remaining raw sugar from the crust, cocoa powder, oil, rum and almond extracts, oj and cidar; process until it is smooth and creamy!
- 7Pour this mixture into the pan over dough you pressed into the base.
- 8Ensure that it is smooth and level!
- 9Bake in your preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set; remove.
- 10Allow to cool for approx.
- 117-8 minutes in the pan, and then remove from the pan.
- 12Chill in your refrigerator for 4-6hrs, or until cold.
- 13Prepare decoration by combining chocolate morsels, caramel pieces and evaporated milk in small heavy-duty saucepan.
- 14Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until morsels and caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- 15You may have to add more evaporated milk to smooth out to your desired consistancy.
- 16I liked it thicker, but you make prefer something a bit thinner to drizzle.
- 17Remove"cheesecake" from fridge, dust with cocoa, and slice servings.
- 18Dust plates LIGHTYLY with cocoa powder and Drizzle each serving of"cheesecake" with chocolate-caramel sauce.
- 19Cover and refrigerate any remaining sauce; reheat in heavy saucepan over low heat.
- 20Sauce makes a little under 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent, Rich Tofu "Cheesecake"
Serving Size: 1 (2012 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5104.0
- Calories from Fat 3527
- Total Fat 391.9 g
- Saturated Fat 65.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 1702.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 346.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.4 g
- Sugars 217.8 g
- Protein 94.5 g