Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS... IT IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AS THERE WAS A MIX-UP BETWEEN MY FINAL COPY AND MY "INBETWEEN" SCREW UPS!!! LOL... I WILL EDIT WHEN I FINALLY CORRECT THE RECIPE!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup ground pecans
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 5⁄8 cup margarine (vegetarian preferred)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm tofu
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup oil (safflower or vegetable prefferably)
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 5 chopped caramels
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup evaporated milk, adding a little more to smooth out if necessary
- cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare your springform pan by spraying lightly and lining the base with parchment paper.
- First you will need to take your flour, ground pecans, and one tablespoon of the raw sugar and mix it thoroughly.
- Add margarine in chunks, and mix through with your fingers until it forms a dough-like mixture.
- Press this"dough" into the base of the springform pan, covering it evenly to the edges.
- Remove tofu from packaging and cut it up into chunks.
- Place chunks in processor with remaining raw sugar from the crust, cocoa powder, oil, rum and almond extracts, oj and cidar; process until it is smooth and creamy!
- Pour this mixture into the pan over dough you pressed into the base.
- Ensure that it is smooth and level!
- Bake in your preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set; remove.
- Allow to cool for approx.
- 7-8 minutes in the pan, and then remove from the pan.
- Chill in your refrigerator for 4-6hrs, or until cold.
- Prepare decoration by combining chocolate morsels, caramel pieces and evaporated milk in small heavy-duty saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until morsels and caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- You may have to add more evaporated milk to smooth out to your desired consistancy.
- I liked it thicker, but you make prefer something a bit thinner to drizzle.
- Remove"cheesecake" from fridge, dust with cocoa, and slice servings.
- Dust plates LIGHTYLY with cocoa powder and Drizzle each serving of"cheesecake" with chocolate-caramel sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining sauce; reheat in heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Sauce makes a little under 1 cup.