Recipe by little_wing
Very rich and completely sinful. Roasting the pecans really adds a deep, almost smoky flavor. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 unbaked refrigerated pie crust
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, roasted
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 cup brandy
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place pie crust into bottom of 9" pie pan.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in microwave, stirring every 15-20 seconds until smooth. Or melt on stove top over low heat.
- Spread chocolate over bottom of pie crust and top with pecans.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and eggs together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, salt and flour.
- Slowly add flour mixture to cream cheese mixture.
- Slowly beat in milk.
- Add brandy and beat on medium-high for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake at 350 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired.