1/6 Photos of Decadent, Peas With Baby Onions and Cream
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
A rich side dish, ideally prepared with fresh peas and baby onions. Creamy with a lemony tang, a wonderful side dish, nice enough to eat by themselves! From The Inspired Vegetarian
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the onions, and halve them if necessary. (If quite large).
- 2Melt the butter in a heavy frying pan, and fry the onions for 5 - 6 minutes over a moderate heat, until they begin to be flecked with brown.
- 3Add the peas, and stirfry for a few minutes.
- 4Add 1/4 cup water, and bring to the boil.
- 5Partially cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until both the peas and the onions are tender.
- 6(Frozen peas will cook more quickly).
- 7There should be a thin layer of water on the base of the pan, add a little more water if necessary, or if there is too much liquid, remove the lid, and increase the heat until the liquid is reduced.
- 8Using a small whisk, blend the cream with the flour.
- 9Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the combined cream and flour, parsley, and seasoning to taste.
- 10Cook over a gentle heat for about 3 - 4 minutes, until the sauce is thick.
- 11Taste and adjust the seasoning, add the lemon juice to sharpen, if liked.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent, Peas With Baby Onions and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 45.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g