1/1 Photo of Decadent Oatmeal Cookies
Sue Lau's Note:
You can make these lower in sugar or make the traditional way. Either way these are just scrumptious! With lots of options, it is easy to find the right mix for what is in your pantry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend or 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts or 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans or 1/2 cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a stand mixer, cream the softened butter, shortening, and Splenda (or sugars).
- 3When creamy, add eggs, vanilla, and instant coffee granules.
- 4Mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flours.
- 5Gradually add flour mixture to mixer.
- 6Gradually add remaining ingredients until it just comes together.
- 7Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper or silicone lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- 8Flatten dough with a buttered spatula.
- 9Bake at 350F for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Pull parchment paper with cookies on it onto cooling racks, and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 89.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g