Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can't go wrong with the protein power of legumes, the richness of cocoa and the fibre of oatmeal! These baked bars are studded with almonds, bran cereal, Craisins and chocolate chips too, and are above and beyond your storebought Oatmeal-to-Go!
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup warm coffee
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 1⁄2 cups soybeans, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons barley malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups quick oats
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup all-bran cereal
- 1⁄3 cup craisins
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300F, line a 9" square pan with parchment.
- In a bowl, whisk together flaxseed and coffee, let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat in the mashed beans, peanut butter, sugar, malt syrup, honey and melted butter until well blended.
- Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, oats, cocoa, All Bran, Craisins, almonds and chocolate chips.
- Press firmly into the pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing.
- Wrap individual bars in plastic, then foil, and store at room temperature up to 2 weeks (or freeze up to 2 months).
I signed in just to rate this as the worst thing I have ever<br/> eaten