Recipe by foodtvfan
Easy to make rich and decadent mocha fondue or dip using chocolate chips. You can use instant coffee dissolved in hot water for the brewed coffee if you like. Fresh fruit and chunks of cake make great dippers. Prepare the apple and banana chunks just before serving, and dip them in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- poundcake or angel food cake, cubed
- apple, cut into chunks
- banana, sliced
- fresh strawberries
- fresh pineapple chunks or canned pineapple chunk, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, butter, cream, brewed coffee and salt.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the mixture into the beaten egg yolks to temper; return all to the pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm.
- Serve with cake and fruit for dipping.