Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
Fabulous cream cheese and chocolate swirled pound cake! Dense, rich and flavorful. As a bonus, you can serve this cake with any hot fudge or fruit sauce. Tastes great!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, premium
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, grated
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10 inch tube pan and lightly dust with flour.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of hot water. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
- Add sugar beat until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs two at a time.
- Gradually incorporate the flour mixture on low speed.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Stir the chocolate into the remaining batter and then pour into the plan.
- With a metal spatula or knife, swirl the two batters to create a marbled effect.
- Bake, 60-75 minutes, or until cakes tests done. Cover with foil halfway through the baking.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Turn out the cake onto a wire rack to unmold.
- To serve, sift together grated chocolate and confectioners’ sugar. Dust on top of cake.