Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
This cheesecake looks and tastes delicious. Preparation a day or two before eating is recommended as this cheesecake tastes better after it settles. Keep refrigerated.
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate graham cracker, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 32 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 8 X 3-inch springform pan.
- For the crust, mix the chocolate graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and cinnamon.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake crust only for 7 minutes in the oven. Remove promptly when finished.
- While crust is baking, melt chocolate morsels in a double boiler. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Do not overmix.
- Pour half of the filling into a separate mixing bowl. Add the chocolate into one of the bowls.
- Alternately, pour and spread the plain and chocolate batters into the pan, swirling with a knife. Repeat until both batters are used up.
- Place the cake pan into a larger baking pan filled with hot water to come 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake until top of the cake is golden, about 1 1/2 hours. It will rise during baking but will sink slightly later.
- Let cool in pan on rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To unmold, run a knife along sides of pan and then remove rim.