Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
wonderful little bite size cream pufs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Topping
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Heat water and 1/2 cup butter to boiling (I use unsalted).
- Stir in, all at once the flour.
- Stir over heat – mixing vigorously until ball forms.
- Remove from heat and beat in 4 eggs, one at a time.
- Beat until smooth and velvety.
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets. This recipe will make 8 large cream puffs. To make the small ones, I did about a large walnut sized ball.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 400 degrees. Mine only took about 30-35 minutes because they were so small.
- After they cool a bit, cut off top and remove any wet dough inside.
- Make the pudding with the 1 1/2 cups of milk, and let it set up.
- Beat the cream cheese and the pudding and cool whip topping together.
- Fill cream puffs with instant pudding mixture. Top with melted chocolate for a nice presentation.