Recipe by Karen Elizabeth
Found on an estate agents leaflet, I tried this cheesecake, making it for a lunch with friends. It was quite easy to make, it turned out well, and was very well-received, so I'm sharing it with you! I made this the day before, and chilled it overnight, so allow for that. Hope you enjoy it. Please note, the stated time is not allowing for chilling overnight.
- 125 g butter or 125 g margarine
- 2 (200 g) packets graham crackers, crushed (400 gr total)
- 3 (250 g) containerssmooth cottage cheese (750 gr total)
- 2 (385 g) cans condensed milk (770 gr)
- 125 ml lemon juice
- 250 ml sugar
- 10 ml custard powder
- 250 ml cream, chilled and whipped
- 90 ml cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350°F Lightly grease a loose-bottomed 23 cm ring pan/cake tin.
- Crust :.
- Melt butter and mix with the crushed biscuits. Press onto the bottom and sides of the pan. Cool until needed.
- Smoothly mix all the ingredients for the filling together, except for the whipped cream and cocoa powder. Fold the cream into the mixture, and pour HALF the mixture into the crust.
- Sieve cocoa powder over the remaining mixture and mix. Pour gently on top of the remaining mixture already in the pan.
- Bake 30 minutes in the pre-heated oven until light-brown around the edges.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Chill until set. (I would suggest overnight if possible).
- Remove from pan and place on cake plate.