1/4 Photos of Decadent Hot Chocolate
Jen T's Note:
It was a cold blustery wet day when I saw this in my local paper and I thought "I just have to make some to cheer me up" :) I am so glad I did. You can if you like add a strip of orange peel to the milk as it heats or dissolve the sugar in some strong coffee instead of water for a change. Also you can add some liqueur to the milk just before serving. You can also use soy milk or almond milk for those that are lactose intolerant. To be even more decadent top with a teaspoon of whipped cream when serving. Enjoy....I know I did :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the milk into a heavy bottomed deep small saucepan.
- 2Dissolve the sugar in the water and add to the milk.
- 3Add the chocolate and whisk over gentle medium heat until the chocolate is melted and the milk is hot but not boiling.Be careful because you don't want to burn the chocolate.
- 4Remove from heat and with a stick blender froth the milk. (This is why you need a deep pot!).
- 5This will give the milk a smooth texture and prevent a skin forming.
- 6Pour into small cups or mugs and top with whipped cream for a truly decadent chocolate 'fix' :).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.8
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 69.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g