Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from Dairy Farmers of Canada site. I like to use thick sliced Italian bread for this.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese and chopped dill pickle.
- Spread mixture on slice of bread.
- Top with ham, mustard, and swiss cheese and another slice of bread.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Butter outside of sandwich.
- Grill about 4 minutes each side.
I halved the amount of cream cheese and dill pickle, used 2 very thin slices of smoked ham, a teaspoon of dijon mustard and 1 slice swiss cheese and 2 slices wholemeal/wholegrain toasting bread and made in the sandwich press for the DM who said it tasted good and enjoyed, thank you Fluffy, made for I Recommend tag game and recommended by Boomette.
When I decided to do this recipe I was sure I'd like it. But in fact, I wasn't too sure about the pickles and cream cheese. Maybe there was too much cream cheese. I used emmenthal cheese, it was great in it. Thanks Fluffy :) Made for I recommend tag game
I wasn't too sure about pickles and cream cheese. Surprise, it was good. I did use honey mustard and put it on a Deli-flat (my new discovery to cut down on carbs) I heated it for 4 minutes in my GF Grill. I will be making more of these! A quick, satisfying lunch. Thanks for sharing Fluffy! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.