Gluten free, vegan, nut and soy free they are, but who am I fooling? They are brownies for Heaven’s sake!! If the coconut milk and vegetable oil don’t make your weight-loss angel’s hackles rise, the corn syrup, brown sugar and carob chips might!
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup sweet rice flour or 1⁄4 cup glutinous-rice flour
- 1 teaspoon potato flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup carob chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 8" square brownie pan.
- Sift together the flours, starch, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- in a small bowl beat together coconut milk, oil, sugar, corn syrup, stevia and vanilla.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the carob chips.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, chill overnight before cutting.
This recipe is phenomenal!! One adult daughter's vegan, the other is gluten-free. Made this for a birthday party, and everyone loved it!! Couldn't find sweet rice flour, so I used almond flour, and I found vegan chocolate chips (no one likes carob). Have made these over and over--kids and adults love them!