Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from the Baker's Chocolate Famous Brand Name Recipes cookbook 'Desserts for Chocolate Lovers.' I added it to my 'Bars & Cookies' cookbook & wanted to share it with you, as well.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, & lightly grease 8" square baking dish.
- Microwave chocolate & 1/4 cup butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar, & mix well.
- Blend in eggs & vanilla.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Stir in pecans, then set aside.
- In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar & 2 tablespoons butter.
- Press firmly onto bottom & 1/2" up sides of prepared baking dish.
- Spread chocolate mixture over crust.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until center is set.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Oh so good!! I doubled the crust so there was enough to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. After tasting, we think that they would be just as good if not better without the crust; will be making these again very soon without the crust. Made as directed otherwise and they cooked up perfectly in 17 minutes. Made for Everyday Holiday.
I made these without the crust and they were very delicious.
Not sure what happened, but even after 25 mins in the oven they were still quite runny. But no one who tried them cared! Everyone gave 5 stars, I just had to mark it 4 because of the cooking issue. I will try again though and fix my stars if I can :)