Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was found in a Betty Crocker's Christmas cookbook.
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur or 2 teaspoons raspberry liqueur or 1 teaspoon orange extract or 1 teaspoon raspberry extract, if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, instead of liqueur (For classic fudge sauce) (optional)
- Heat milk, chocolate chips and sugar to boiling in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and liqueur until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Store covered in refrigerator up to 4 weeks.
Very easy to make and even easier to eat!! :) I used the vanilla because it was for a teen party but I can't wait to try it with the orange liqueur. I bet that would be fantastic.
Easy to make, has a wonderful consistency and tastes so much better than anything available commercially!