Recipe by MarieRynr
These are delicious little morsels with an excellent flavour. They remind me of the President's Choice little fudge brownie bites I used to be able to get at the grocery store back home. Best eaten the day made.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sifted flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spoon into well buttered miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 350*F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
- For cream cheese topping, beat the cream cheese and butter together until light.
- Beat in enough icing sugar for a stable consistency.
- Stir in vanilla to taste.
- To serve, place cream cheese topping in a pastry bag fitted with a rosette tip.
- Pipe rosettes onto each muffin.
- Garnish with candied flower or cherries if desired.