Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A chocolate lover's dream...the title says it all.
Make and share this Decadent Fudge Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 8 ounces sweet baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 8 teaspoons shortening, divided
- chocolate and white chocolate leaves (optional)
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk, stirring well.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with flour, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add 1 cup mini-morsels, melted chocolate, chocolate syrup, and vanilla, stirring just until blended (do not overbeat).
- Spoon batter into a heavily greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 300 F for 1 hour and 25 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Invert cake immediately onto a serving plate, and let cool completely.
- Combine 4 oz chopped white chocolate and 2 Tbls shortening in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate mixture over cooled cake.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup mini-morsels and 2 tsp shortening in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat, and let cool; drizzle over white chocolate.
- If desired, garnish with chocolate and white chocolate leaves.
DECADENT fudge cake it is! Is there any type of chocolate that was not included in this cake? Very rich, very yummy! We especially liked the white chocolate drizzles on the top of the cake.
This is sooo good & and title is correct "decadent"! Thank you for posting here. You saved me the trouble! :)