Recipe by Alskann
A friend gave me this recipe. Not sure where she got it, but the name sure fits. This makes a wonderful weekend brunch dish!
Top Review by Chef Mommie
Yum! Yum! This is my kind of breakfast or brunch, either one...dessert even! I used a 9x13 pan and it worked out just fine. Thank you Alskann!!! I will try it again when I get some ramikens for single servings. Better yet, I think I will try it again before I get some ramekins. I can't imagine this any better than it already is by using them. Though it was fabulous warmed with syrup, Dh and I enjoyed it even more-so cold, for the next three days. Thank you so much Alskann for the KEEPER! Made during ZWT3 by a Floozie- Remembering Amy.
- 4 -5 croissants
- 6 ounces cream cheese, Softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Softened
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- powdered sugar
- chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Break apart croissants and place in food processor. Process into crumbs.
- Distribute evenly into 8 greased ramikens.
- In food processor, combine cream cheese, butter, 1/4 cup maple syrup and beat till creamy.
- Add heaping dollop into the middle of the croissant crumbs.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs,1/2 cup Maple Syrup, and Half and Half.
- Pour over mixture so it's completely covered.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with chopped Pecans, cinnamon sugar and powdered sugar, swirl warm syrup over and serve.
- This is also good served with fresh berries.