Recipe by Chef dl5crew
This is the best french toast I have ever eaten. You make it at night before going to bed, the next morning; pop it in the oven.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- French bread
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish liberally with cooking spray.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, & corn syrup (add a touch of cinnamon) in a saucepan and cook until bubbly. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Slice French bread, layer in pan.
- Mix well in a bowl; eggs, milk and cinnamon. Pour over bread. Make sure to get some of the milk mixture on each slice.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 ï¿½ 45 minutes. Invert on to serving platter or another baking dish. Enjoy!
- ***I add cinnamon to taste. I use between a teaspoon & a tablespoon for the whole recipe. I donï¿½t measure, just shake. I also cut French bread slices in half and put cut side down. You can also serve this with whipped cream & strawberries. I prefer warm syrup. I like to invert onto something I can put into the oven to help everything to ï¿½set-upï¿½ better & keep it warm so I can get everything else done.