Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Breakfast or dessert! It's both and even considered dinner in my house ;) Taking a spin off my French Toast "yummy" I came up with another winner with my family. This is so good you might want to save it for a special occassion.... but Why? Enjoy it whenever you get a sweet tooth, day or night.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry ice cream topping
- 8 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 dash powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, half-and-half, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter or oil over medium heat.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, completely coating both sides, cook on hot skillet until all slices have been made into French Toast.
- combine the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture diagonally on each piece of bread.
- Place a dollop of Strawberry Topping on top of cheese mixture and fold over making a half. Add more topping if you like and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve and Enjoy!