Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It's like having dessert for breakfast. Perfect for leisurely family mornings.
Make and share this Decadent French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Spread each slice of bread with whipped cream cheese.
- Put 2 slices of bread together to make a sandwich.
- Set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla in a medium-size dish.
- Beat well.
- Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture.
- Lightly butter medium hot griddle and grill sandwiches until golden brown and cream cheese begins to melt.
- Warm strawberry preserves and maple syrup.
- Serve over French toast and top with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Excellent Recipe! Had everything but the Chocolate Chips. Very rich, Very Easy, and Very Filling! I highly recommend this recipe!
Wow! That's all I can say about this. Wow! My son saw this recipe as I was looking for something different for french toast. He instantly chose this, because it reminded him of IHOP's. It was so good! We used Texas toast and put a little bit of homeade strawberry jam (that didn't jell all the way) in the middle as well as on top with maple syrup. Thanks so much for this recipe!
Very good. Served two hungry teenage boys who didn't speak a word til there was no more food to shovel in their mouths. Thank you for a quiet meal time.