Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
How can something so simple to prepare be so tasty? Love this sauce on al dente fettucine noodles and French bread.
- Melt butter in saute pan; do not let brown.
- Add cream, and bring the mixture to a soft boil.
- Add parmesan cheese and cook until cheese is melted, and mixture becomes thicker (and it will thicken as it cools).
- Add a sprinkle of ground nutmeg, salt and white pepper to taste.
- Pour over al dente fettucine noodles.
Fantastic Sauce!!! I made this to serve over fettucine pasta, along with a baked proscuitto stuffed chicken breast and salad, so good!! I followed this as written, except I left out the dash of nutmeg, as we have tried that in the past and weren't fond of that added flavor to the sauce/pasta. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for 2013 Spring "Pick A Chef" event.