Recipe by Virtuous Archangel
This recipe is perfect for those watching their middles! One of my favourite breakfast or snack recipes for those cold winter, or cooler fall mornings. It is superb as a Fat-Free dessert option too! This recipe is super-easy, high-fiber, super-healthy, and tastes delicious and decadent- like a batch of freshly baked brownies or chocolate cake, still warm from the oven.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Wow, this is really tasty! I used chai flavoured oat milk and left out the sweetener, because this milk is naturally sweet, but other than that stuck to your recipe and loved it!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us!
Made and reviewed for one of my "babies" during Pick A Chef Fall 2012.
- 118.29 ml all-bran cereal (I use original)
- 14.79-22.18 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 78.07 ml nonfat milk
- 1 g packet Splenda sugar substitute (or preferred sweetener)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 1/2 Tbsp of the cocoa powder on the bottom of a small, microwaveable bowl.
- Place half of the All Bran into the bowl. Sprinkle another 1/2 Tbsp of the cocoa powder on top, along with half the packet of sweetener.
- Repeat step 3 with the remaining cereal, cocoa powder, and sweetener.
- Pour milk into bowl on top of the other ingredients.
- Nuke the concoction in a microwave for about 20-30 seconds (depending on the microwave) or until the mixture is well heated or steaming.
- Mix the warm mixture around (to blend the ingredients).
- Enjoy this fat-free, high-fiber, decadent chocolate treat!