Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is perfect for those watching their middles! One of my favourite breakfast or snack recipes for those cold winter, or cooler fall mornings. It is superb as a Fat-Free dessert option too! This recipe is super-easy, high-fiber, super-healthy, and tastes delicious and decadent- like a batch of freshly baked brownies or chocolate cake, still warm from the oven.
- Sprinkle 1/2 Tbsp of the cocoa powder on the bottom of a small, microwaveable bowl.
- Place half of the All Bran into the bowl. Sprinkle another 1/2 Tbsp of the cocoa powder on top, along with half the packet of sweetener.
- Repeat step 3 with the remaining cereal, cocoa powder, and sweetener.
- Pour milk into bowl on top of the other ingredients.
- Nuke the concoction in a microwave for about 20-30 seconds (depending on the microwave) or until the mixture is well heated or steaming.
- Mix the warm mixture around (to blend the ingredients).
- Enjoy this fat-free, high-fiber, decadent chocolate treat!
Wow, this is really tasty! I used chai flavoured oat milk and left out the sweetener, because this milk is naturally sweet, but other than that stuck to your recipe and loved it!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us!
Made and reviewed for one of my "babies" during Pick A Chef Fall 2012.
sooo perfect! I just had a super chocolate craving, but I really try to eat super healthy. This sounded kind of odd, I wasn't sure, but it was really a good healthy treat! Thank you for shring, I never wouldhave thought of this! I used fat free soy milk and 3 packets of splenda (I love the sweet!) It really hit th spot and I feel good about the little dose of fiber! UPDATE: I've started adding little cinnamon and nutmeg - awesome!
This really is fantastic. I used Chex cereal (Cinnamon Chex) & used about 1/4 cup milk (1/3 cup was a bit too much for my taste). The sweetness was really nice. I added some sliced banana & 1 Splenda packet worked great. I only had Nestle cocoa powder, but it worked fine. Thanks so much for sharing!