1/2 Photos of Decadent Easter Brownie
Found this in a local paper. So rich and decadent. Use icing to make crosses, to decorate brownies for Easter. Although these are great anytime of the year, just watch your waistline though!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 2Line the base of a brownie baking tin with baking paper.
- 3Microwave 180g of the chocolate and the butter on high for about 2 minutes (microwaves varyin wattage, so stir and check to prevent burning). Stir and set aside.
- 4Mix flour and cocoa powder together and set aside.
- 5Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat together the sugar, eggs and vanilla until pale and creamy. This should take about 5 minutes.
- 6Pour the cool chocolate and butter mix over the egg~sugar mix and gently fold together. Do not overmix. Use a sieve to dust flour and cocoa mix over chocolate and egg mix and again gently fold. Again do not over mix.
- 7Gently fold in the chocolate chips/chunks and nuts (if using) evenly through the mix.
- 8Pour mix into prepared tin, making sure of even spread of chocolate chunks and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Gently shake the tin and if it has a slight wobble, but not a fluid wobble, the brownie is cooked. If not, bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- 9Remove and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before removing, slice into squares.
- 10* To make crossed on your brownies, make a batch of royal icing by mixing 1 egg white with 1 1/4 cups pure icing sugar and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice. Put into a snap lock bag, snip a corner and start piping your crosses. Piping crosses before slicing makes it easier.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent Easter Brownie
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.1
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 112.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean paste