Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Revised from a recipe that had a whole cup of oil in it, this one is lower in fat, yet still moist and delicious, more like chocolate cake than zucchini bread--a serving of vegies and a decadent chocolate escape, all in one! I use Mexican vanilla and Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips for more intense flavor. You can make them in smaller loaves and give them as gifts, or freeze for later.
- 2 baking chocolate squares, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray two 9x5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate, cocoa, eggs, egg whites, sugar, oil, yogurt, zucchini, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.
Absolutely awesome!!! This zucchini bread (cake) is truely decadent. This is not like any other zucchini bread that you'll ever try and I had my doubts because it is on the healthier side. You can never tell that it has whole wheat in there! I used Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt with 0% fat and it turned out great! The only thing is that my 2 loaves of bread were done in 40 minutes at 350 degrees. The bread starting smelling real fragrant, so I checked at 40 minutes and the bread was done. So, glad I did because it was perfect!! THANK YOU Annz Recipez!!