Recipe by Annz Recipez
Revised from a recipe that had a whole cup of oil in it, this one is lower in fat, yet still moist and delicious, more like chocolate cake than zucchini bread--a serving of vegies and a decadent chocolate escape, all in one! I use Mexican vanilla and Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips for more intense flavor. You can make them in smaller loaves and give them as gifts, or freeze for later.
Top Review by WendyBeahan
Absolutely awesome!!! This zucchini bread (cake) is truely decadent. This is not like any other zucchini bread that you'll ever try and I had my doubts because it is on the healthier side. You can never tell that it has whole wheat in there! I used Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt with 0% fat and it turned out great! The only thing is that my 2 loaves of bread were done in 40 minutes at 350 degrees. The bread starting smelling real fragrant, so I checked at 40 minutes and the bread was done. So, glad I did because it was perfect!! THANK YOU Annz Recipez!!
- 2 baking chocolate squares, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray two 9x5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate, cocoa, eggs, egg whites, sugar, oil, yogurt, zucchini, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.