Recipe by startnover
This is not diet food! I've used it in chocolate cookie crusts as a mousse pie, just shave a chocolate bar on top. You might note that this is not a light and airy mousse, it is very rich and thick, which is just what I was looking for at the time.
- 2 (453.59 g) milk chocolate candy bars
- 113.39 g unsweetened chocolate
- 73.94 ml water
- 29.58 ml brandy or 29.58 ml rum extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 59.14 ml butter
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Break chocolate into pieces.
- Melt with water over low heat and stir till smooth.
- Remove from heat and blend in egg yolks and extract.
- Add butter 1T at a time, stir till blended and cool slightly.
- Whip cream till stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold into chocolate mixture.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Serve in custard cups or in pie crust.