Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is not diet food! I've used it in chocolate cookie crusts as a mousse pie, just shave a chocolate bar on top. You might note that this is not a light and airy mousse, it is very rich and thick, which is just what I was looking for at the time.
- Break chocolate into pieces.
- Melt with water over low heat and stir till smooth.
- Remove from heat and blend in egg yolks and extract.
- Add butter 1T at a time, stir till blended and cool slightly.
- Whip cream till stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold into chocolate mixture.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Serve in custard cups or in pie crust.