Recipe by Marz
From Cooking Light, March 2008 edition. The chocolate in this cake is not overly overpowering and has a yummy glaze. Although the recipe states to cool before eating, it sure tastes good while still slightly warm.
Top Review by Dine & Dish
Wow - this is sooooooo good! The chocolate has a rich and decadent flavor, but then you add the glaze and oh my... it is beyond delicious! I used Khalua liquor as that is all I had and although it is probably fantastic with the chocolate liquor, I thought the Khalua was really good as well. I made this as four mini loaves. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate liqueur
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk (1% is good)
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare Glaze:.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare cake:.
- Drizzle oil into 12 cup bundt pan, coat pan thoroughly with pastry brush. Sprinkle with 2 TBSP flour, shaking out excess. Coat prepared pan with cooking spray.
- Place 11/2 cups granulated sugar and 6 TBSP butter in large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended about 5 minutes. Add eggs and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Lightly spoon 3 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level off with knife. Combine 3 cups flour with next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix after each addition. Beat 2 minutes. Fold in chips. Spoon batter into prepared pan, swirl batter with a knife.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately pour glaze over cake Cool cake on wire rack for 30 minutes. Invert cake onto serbving plate and sprinkle with 2 TBSP powdered sugar.