Recipe by thefoodcritic
I got this recipe at a friends bridal shower. It was gorgeously surrounded by red rose pedal on a pedestool platter. It is really easy and tastes like you spent hours on it.
Top Review by FQuintanilla
This recipe was my first attempt ever at making a cake.. not from a box. And.. it was awesome and turned out perfect. The only thing I realize I did wrong was not add the whipping cream to the cake mixture, but it was still perfect. I used a dark chocolate for the ganache.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- grease and flour pans. Combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 Cup boiling water. (batter will be thin) Pour into pans. Bake 30 minutes at about 350. cool and freeze cake.
- For the chocolate ganache frosting: combine chocolate chips and heated whipping cream and stir until smooth. Put over the frozen cake and the ganache will set faster. Store in the fridge.