Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe at a friends bridal shower. It was gorgeously surrounded by red rose pedal on a pedestool platter. It is really easy and tastes like you spent hours on it.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- grease and flour pans. Combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 Cup boiling water. (batter will be thin) Pour into pans. Bake 30 minutes at about 350. cool and freeze cake.
- For the chocolate ganache frosting: combine chocolate chips and heated whipping cream and stir until smooth. Put over the frozen cake and the ganache will set faster. Store in the fridge.
This recipe was my first attempt ever at making a cake.. not from a box. And.. it was awesome and turned out perfect. The only thing I realize I did wrong was not add the whipping cream to the cake mixture, but it was still perfect. I used a dark chocolate for the ganache.