Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 mins
From Vegetarian Times, May/June 2006. Please add time for chilling.
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped (high quality - 60% cocoa or better)
- 1⁄4 cup walnut oil or 1⁄4 cup almond oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Place chocolate, oil, and water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place in microwave - heat on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir and heat 1 minute longer or until melted.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Cover and chill 6 hours or overnight.
- Place cocoa and nuts on separate plates.
- Make 3/4 inch balls with the truffle mixture.
- Roll in cocoa or chopped nuts.
- Keep chilled.