1/7 Photos of Decadent Creamed Eggs on Toast
The ultimate breakfast comfort food. Quick to make if you boil the eggs ahead of time. To get the full flavor, you have to cook the butter and flour enough to lose the flour taste, that's the key to getting this dish right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop eggs, set aside.
- 2Melt butter over med-hi on stove.
- 3Stir flour in and brown slightly, being careful not to burn.
- 4Add cream a little at a time, stirring to incorporate after each addition. Use more or less cream to achieve desired consistency.
- 5Turn off heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Stir in eggs.
- 7Pour over toasted bread.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent Creamed Eggs on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1071.7
- Calories from Fat 817
- Total Fat 90.8 g
- Saturated Fat 52.8 g
- Cholesterol 632.9 mg
- Sodium 861.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 22.1 g