Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A pretty and very tasty dessert, that is easy to prepare as well. I did not include cooling time of 2-3 hours in the recipe. Courtesy of Mealsforyou.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or 2 tablespoons other coffee liqueur
- 16 chocolate wafers (I used Milano from Pepperridge Farm)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Heat milk in a nonreactive saucepan over medium heat, until bubbles form around edges.
- Gradually, add hot milk to egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Return mix to saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until pudding thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Kahlua or other coffee liqueur.
- Pour into medium sized bowl.
- Place bowl within a larger bowl of ice water.
- Let sit, stirring occasionally, until mix is cool.
- Chop half the cookies.
- Fold the chopped cookies and whipped topping into pudding.
- Fill 8 small parfait glasses by spooning about 1/2 cup of the mixture into each glass.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 2 hours.
- Top each glass with a cookie.