1/2 Photos of Decadent Cocoa Nut Brownies
I only have a couple of favorite recipes for brownies, this one happens to be high on my list, these are the most decadent, rich brownies! Yield is only estimated, depending on what size you cut the brownies. If I have any Kahlua, I always add in about 1/4 cup and omit the vanilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter (use 10 tablespoons all together)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (can use more for a sweeter brownie)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or can use 1/4 cup Kahlua in place of vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs (eggs must be cold NOT room temperature!)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (or use both!) or 3/4 cup chocolate chips (or use both!)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Grease a 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- 3In a small bowl mix together flour and salt; set aside.
- 4In a heatproof bowl combine the 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, 1-1/4 cups sugar and 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa.
- 5Set the bowl over barely simmering water, and stir until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth and hot.
- 6Remove the bowl, and set aside a short time until the mixture is only warm not hot.
- 7Stir in vanilla or Kahlua (if using) and oil with a wooden spoon.
- 8Add in cold eggs, and whisk vigorously.
- 9When the batter looks thick and shiny and well blended, add in the flour/salt mixture with a wooden spoon, then changing to a wire whisk mix until completely blended.
- 10Stir in the nuts and/or chocolate chips.
- 11Spread evenly into prepared baking pan.
- 12Bake about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out just slightly moist with batter.
- 13Let cool completely.
- 14Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Decadent Cocoa Nut Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (754 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 97.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g