Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Try this luscious variation of a classic pecan pie for a memorable end to your special meal. The spicy crunch of a traditional pecan pie nestles on top of a layer of divinely rich chocolate.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 425°F Line 9-inch pie plate with pie crust. Partially bake crust 7 minutes. Remove and set aside. Immediately reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Microwave chocolate chips and milk in medium microwaveable bowl on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour chocolate evenly over crust; set aside. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Slowly pour mixture over chocolate layer. Place ring of aluminum foil around edges of crust to prevent over-browning.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until filling is puffed but center is still soft enough to move when shaken gently. Tent pie with foil if crust browns too quickly. Cool on wire rack.